(Print Intake Process – coming soon…)
Required at Intake (What to Bring):
- If you are in an inpatient program, please review this document with your inpatient treatment counselor after your interview at Gale Recovery, Inc.
- A minimum of a 30-day supply of your Medications and/or Refill Prescriptions is required. Only medications listed on our medication form are permitted at intake. Note: it can take a month or more to see a community doctor for medication management.
- Storage space is limited; bring only a 7 to 10 day supply of clothing and other belongings. Gale Recovery, Inc. is not responsible for lost or stolen items. A storage locker ($10 refundable deposit) is available for small items.
- It is helpful if you are able to bring identification documents with you at admission including driver’s license or non-drivers ID card, and Social Security card. If you have access to your birth certificate, that is also helpful.
- Vehicles must be pre-approved by counselor and must be registered, insured and otherwise street legal. Your driver’s license must be in good standing before you bring a vehicle onto or remove a vehicle from our property.
- Do not bring mouthwashes or cologne containing alcohol.
- Electronics (DVD players, laptops) are not permitted during the entry phase of your admittance and cannot be secured by staff.
- Drugs, alcohol, or weapons found at any time during your residency will be confiscated/disposed of, and can result in immediate discharge from the program.
- During your intake appointment, you will meet with the Admission Coordinator and/or with the House Manager to complete intake paperwork and receive an orientation to the house and program.
- You will meet with the House Manager for approximately 2 hours; your meeting will include:
- Review of Welcome Packet
- Introduction to Program Rules and Policies
- Medication Check-In
- Community Referrals
- Bed and Chore Assignment
- House Orientation and Tour
- The House Manager will introduce you to your primary counselor; generally this will be later that evening or by the next business day.
- Gale Recovery, Inc. functions as a clinical team. However, you will work most closely with your primary counselor; and during your weekly meetings you will develop a recovery treatment plan which focuses on your eventual transition from our program back to the community. Our services are generally available for 3 to 6 months while you move through program phases (read more about program phases).
Referrals: 9 AM to 4 PM Weekdays
Contact: Kevin Chinery
Referral Direct Line/Voicemail: (301) 606-3396
Fax: (301) 631-0768